Friday, August 01, 2008

Anyone home?

Apparently it’s time to post. I’ve been informed it’s coming up on two months since the last one and that it’s unacceptable. Is there an excuse for such length between posts?
Yep.
Probably more than one.
Seriously, the reason there hasn’t been a post is because I don’t feel like it. The thought of posting has crossed my mind on occasion, but there’s always a reason not to.

  • Witty exchanges have been, well, I don’t know. It is definitely possible that all my wit has been used up. Gone. I’m not even 30 yet and the well is dry. A shame.
  • The plenty going on politically, but frankly I don’t have the energy right now to post about why voting for Barak is less appealing to me than the loss of an appendage (nothing big – a skin tag, pinky toe or both arms and legs), though not as unappealing as what the Reverend Jackson would remove from Barak.
  • We’ve had some cool recent adventures, with the Rockband party and the trip out west for Rachell’s wedding and vacation, but Paula’s pretty much covered those with a lot of pics and it would just be rehashing. And if a picture is worth 1000 words…well, it’d be a really long post.
  • I’m sports fan, but this is the worst time of the year for sports. June-Aug makes me feel like I’m in a proctologists waiting role and the only magazines available are AARP The Magazine and CosmoGIRL!: agonizing anticipation w/ nothing fill the gaps.

There you have it. I got nothing. Let’s be honest – this post is nothing but blog fodder – a stop gap until something better comes along, like our two presidential candidates.

Can anyone see the gross injustice being made manifest in this picture? Anyone?

I’ll tell you what it is, the travesty that is being plainly manifest in this shot, the obvious black hole of justice that screams at me like a banshee within the quiet walls of my living room: our clock is larger than the TV! This is not an illusion and has nothing to do with depth or distance or the UN. It's science.

O, Justice, where art thou? Thy blindfold doth cause deceit at mine expense!

An opportunity has been presented to right this wrong. I can acquire a large TV at an incredibly low price – seriously, 51 inches of HDTV for under $700 – and I’m 70-30, no, 87-13, that I’m going to pull the trigger on this. What do you say? Should I do it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Should you do it? Do you have a year's worth of food storage? If yes, the yes.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Touche, Mr. or Ms. Anonymous. Seriously, that comment made me laugh out loud.

As for my comment, I really don't have one. I do wonder how you can get this incredibly low price? Are we sure this is legit? You don't have to meet someone in a dark alley in the middle of the night in order to get this great deal, do you?

Kelsey Ann said...

I totally would! Well maybe that is a lie only because I have the exact same TV as you currently do and have done nothing about it. But you being a huge sports fan and all, I would so purchase it before football starts later this month.

Just a Sports Fan said...

I will say as a friend to you and someone who has watched sports with you, there is not a better way to watch sports than in HD. I cannot, nay, I will not live without it ever again. Now if the MTN channel will ever get up to date so we can watch the Cougars in HD, I believe my life will be complete.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just get a smaller clock.

Anonymous said...

SO?? Did you get it? I've been waiting for an update so I can invite myself over for xbox.
Will