Friday, May 19, 2006

Wicked Good Time

In continuing the quest for culture, Paula and I attended the the hit musical Wicked at the Fox Theatre last night. It's critically acclaimed and has won a ton of awards - 3 Tony's, 3 Touring Broadway Awards and a bunch of others. It's pretty much impossible to get tickets; we purchased the tickets back in December, six months ago. Over the past couple of weeks have been excited for the event. And what an event it was.
As a man from northern Wyoming and with a staunch record of heterosexuality, I gotta say I loved it. Back in October, Paula and I went to Phantom of the Opera with Mark and Noelle. It was good. But this was better. I've already downloaded the soundtrack with this 7-day trial to Napster I received with the purchase of my MP3 player.
For those who've never heard of Wicked, it's a spin off of The Wizard of Oz. The story is pre-Dorothy and Toto and tells the story of the three witches of Oz - the Wicked's of East and West and the Good Witch. Anyway, the WW of the W and the GW are enemies at school, become friends and then get caught in a tangled web of love, lies and that other stuff. Basically, it was really funny, had good music, witty lines and great story line.
I HIGHLY recommend it; the score is great and as a man who enjoys Linkin Park, Click 5, Collective Soul and such, I am enjoying this music. Anyway, take it for what it's worth, this wicked-good musical is the best thing to happen since March 11. It was wicked good.

0 Comments: