Thursday, April 23, 2009

To quiet my sister

So I haven't been blogging much. I recently had a coworker call my blog pathetic or something like that because of the limited posting going on; he recommended I just shut it down and put it out of its misery. He has a point. That decision is pending.
As you all know from Paula's post, we are expecting child #2. I'm looking forward to it - should make for an interesting holiday season. The baby is due the weekend before Thanksgiving - the 21st. Given Lydia going over almost 10 days before we forced her out, I'm anticipating a Thanksgiving Day birth. Paula was adamant about not having a holiday baby, so the irony would be off the charts; of course, I predicted the reason for Paula's extreme duress w/ this pregnancy was that she was having twins. That turned out to be a poor prediction, much like experts with the Sugar Bowl this year.
The question has been posed to me: would you like a boy or girl? I'd like to have a boy before it's all said and done - that's for sure. So, in a way I want a boy just to make sure we get one. From a short-term economical perspective, it would be better to have a girl since we have a bunch of girl stuff; however, in the long-term a boy will be significantly less expensive. I feel much less responsibility to assist any sons I have w/ their higher education - no sense of obligation, really - but I do with my daughter(s). Then there is the whole wedding thing. I'd prefer not to foot the bill any more than I have to.
From an emotional standpoint, a boy would be beneficial. I've become (emotionally) soft since Lydia was born. If women living together can, through some form of chemical osmosis that I don't understand or feel like researching, end up on the same cycle then you can only imagine how being the only man in a house of three girls will mess with me. Pretty soon I'll be crying during Oprah.
Anyway, there's a quick rundown of my thoughts w/ the second on the way. Now to address the subject line.
Rachell is leaving comments about how I don't post any pictures of Lydia. I pose the following: do you know any man who has a blog and posts pictures of his kid? Not a family blog, but an individual man? That being said, I don't feel too guilty about it. Actually, I don't feel any guilt. But to keep the snarky comments to a minimum, here are some of Lydia Pics in no particular order and without any commentary. Since a picture says a thousand words...












6 Comments:

Unknown said...

snarky comments...? in any case, thanks for the post.

Aves said...

Its good to see you back Logan! So funny. And I love the pictures, she is gorgeous. PS congrats on baby #2, I had no idea! Hope you are well.

Carrie said...

Congrats on baby#2. If he/she turns out anywhere as cute as Lydia you would be a lucky man. And to comment on closing the blog. I vote no. Everyonce in awhile (even if it's few and far between) it's refreshing to read something witty. Something that a blubbering girl (and I include myself in this category) didn't write.

Anonymous said...

Log, your comments bring me to the verge of tears. Not so much a blubbering softie, but more of an allergic cover-up! Must be from all the estrogen in the house. My guess is we've all been cursed from our college antics and will continue to have all girls.
~Cacker

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Logan, Lydia is the cutest thing ever. For reals, she is so dang cute. I wish we lived by each other so I could see her all the time (and you guys of course). I hope Paula is starting to feel better and that this pregnancy goes well for her. Good luck.

Gunnell Fam said...

Congratulations on #2. I'm also expecting, but the week after Thanksgiving. My first came early, so we may be having babies around the same time. How old is Lydia? It's good to catch up a bit.
Karen Bodily Gunnell(BYU-ID)