Thursday, December 22, 2005

Remembering "I'm Angry"

"So here I go again on my own"....that song just came to me. I can't remember who it's by. I want to say White Snake. But I'm not convinced.
When I was in college my roommates and I made a cd. It pretty much rocked. We all called it different things; I called it "I'm angry", my brother called it "Girls are Gay" and I don't remember what Arch and Zach called theirs. The lead-off track was the Adam Sandler's little bit from "The Wedding Singer" when he sings that song for Drew Barrymore about his ex, Lisa? Anyway it had some other sweet tracks: "Down with the Sickness" "1 step closer" "Crawling" "She Hates Me" and some more songs (Metalica, AC/DC, Rage) that aren't coming to me right now.
It was basically a flippin' sweet (N.D. shout out) cd and we'd listen to it whenever we went snowboarding or just got the shaft from some xy. But now it's gone. I don't know what happened to it. I tried to make a replacement but it just didn't have the flippin' sweetness to it the original had. I miss it sometimes, like when my BYU Cougars lose; when traffic in the ATL is, never mind, it always is awful; when I lose in the Turkey Bowl over Thanksgiving. Those times.
So, in tribute to that CD I'm posting the lyrics - edited - to that angry Adam Sandler song. Enjoy.

Spoken: Ok, I just want to warn you that when I wrote this song I was listening to the Cure a lot.
Sung: You don't know how much I need you.
While you're around I don't feel blue.
And when we kiss I know that you need me too.
I can't believe I found a love that's so pure and true.
But it all was bologne
It was a goshdarn joke.
And when I think of you and I,
I hope you really choke.
I hope you're glad with what you've done to me.
I lay in bed all day long feeling melancholy.
You left me here all alone, tears running constantly.
Oh somebody kill me please,
somebody kill me plee-ase,
I'm on my knees, pretty pretty please kill me.
I want to die. Put a bullet in my head.

0 Comments: