Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Uncle Logan

Hey World, I’m an uncle!!!
I mean, I’m already an uncle via Paula’s side of the family with Everett, but now I’m an uncle on the Roberts side! One of my siblings is a parent; it’s exciting, crazy and sort of unnerving.
N. Beckett Roberts was born between 9:30-10:00 pm January 29, 2007, in Los Angeles, California. Size-wise, Beckett takes after his Uncle Logan – 9 lbs. 8 oz. and 22 inches long. Both mother and son are doing well and in good health.
It was 2:10am when I got the phone call and my younger brother sounded all sorts of happy. It’s crazy to think that he’s a dad…not that he’s unqualified, but that if he’s qualified, then maybe I’m qualified and that is weird. The pair of us isn’t far removed from blowing things up, pulling pranks and shooting potato guns; and now Nathan is a father. Wow. It sort of boggles the mind.
Beckett is the first grandson on both the Hall and Roberts side of his family, the 2nd great-grandchild on my mom’s side – the Allred’s (missed being 1st by just a month) – and the 4th great-grandchild on my dad’s side (though the first with the last name of Roberts).
The little guy is starting out with everything a baby needs to make it in this world: parents who are good and faithful; extended family that is excited and supportive; a home full of love that is anchored by the gospel of Jesus Christ; a bedroom decked out in BYU Cougar gear; an uncle like me…the kid has it all.
Beckett, you probably already know this, just having come from the presence of our Heavenly Father, but I'm going to tell you anyway. You have parents who live honorable, righteous lives and love you very much - likely more than you'll know until you, too, are a parent; you have grandparents who are true and faithful; you have great-grandparents who weathered storms faithfully and came out conquerors. You are now part of a great heritage. We are excited you’re here and pray for the best for you and your parents for years to come.
Anyway, Beckett, just want you to know - though we've yet to meet - I love you and am excited for you to experience this little ride we call life.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for us, Logan! We're now uncles and aunts...and I get to see him first...wha-hahaha...hehe!