Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pandora

Okay, I'm going to give some mad props to one Melissa Cashman for the email she sent concerning Pandora. This, as your friend and mine Napoleon would say, is a "flippin' sweet" website for folks who are looking for some good tunes for free. I'll explain why I love this thing:
As of late I've had this attack of conscience in regards to pirating music online. I used to do a little bit of it, justifying my actions because of my meager circumstances. Now that I'm doing a little better financially (I'm not rich, just not a starving college student anymore) I've been avoiding that stuff. It would have been more noble if I'd of avoided it in my meager circumstance, but I digress.
Working where I do, there are stretches of time spent on the computer and I can listen to music. I tried VH1 radio and a Q100, but I get tired of the exact same music. But now with Pandora, I can listen to music...I'll let Melissa explain it.

"i know there a lot of music buffs out there and this is a fun way to listen to music at work and be introduced to other types of music. you type in an artist or song that you like, and they'll play music that has similar characteristics by other artists. for example, if you type in "jack johnson"-you'll get songs from jack, dave matthews band, ben harper,etc. it's fun-check it out!!"

So there you go. Check it out. One of the coolest things is that if you like the song, you can buy it from iTunes. It's a great way to preview music and then buy what you like! Sweet!

0 Comments: